Some links from my research bite:
- My article in Education in Chemistry about misconceptions in ionic bonding
- My Nature Reviews article: Mimicry is not Mastery
- My post from TES, where I talk about the worksheet I’m using to support metacognition and concpetual understanding.
- I recorded this video Wellcome, which explains how and why I changed my approach to teaching, based on the student misconceptions I uncovered.
- The multiple-choice quiz about Structure and Bonding Concepts. Do feel free to complete it!
- The triangulation worksheet that Oliver Cavlglioli designed for me is here.
- My worksheet is based on Gregory Thomas’s ‘triangulation’ method.
- I recorded a “CERG Showcase video” for the RSC Chemical Education Research Group here
- My recent article from Education in Chemistry: Assessing Students’ understanding
- Also this one from TES I wrote about Threshold Concepts
- I absolutely love this article about Threshold Concepts in Chemistry by Vicente Talanquer.
- And this article by Keith Taber on Johnstone’s triangle is really helpful